Temporary Address

Temporary Address

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Ask Molly



Today’s letter comes from a beagle Cressie Loupas who writes:

Dear Molly

My Mama Elizabeth Loupas is a famous writer like you, which is a very big deal. And because we’re dogs of a famous person, we have to take a lot of baths.  Beagles are especially averse to baths, as you have to get wet and soapy. We beagles have a particularly keen sense of smell, which helps in fox hunting, but makes soapy water really obnoxious.   My brother Boudin has developed the hold-on-to-the-sides of the tub technique. He can  stretch out all four legs almost perfectly horizontally and  grip the sides of the tub. From there it’s a struggle of will - him against Mama - to see if he gets a bath or not. I am not as agile as Boudin, and suffer the bath with loud and soulful  beagle howls. There must be an easier way!

Is there a better way?

Cressie Loupas




Dear Cressie,

Humans - You can’t live with them; you can’t live without them.  If I know my human has bath on her mind, I hide in the garage, but usually, it’s to no avail. My human does provide liver snacks during the ordeal, so the whole thing is bearable.

Love,

Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment