Temporary Address

Temporary Address

Saturday, June 13, 2015

The Real Molly

Hi,

I'm Elaine, the human behind "The Molly Chronicles." The real Molly has a personality very much like Molly the writer. She's the smartest dog I've ever owned, and she's opinionated. She does insist that we take our walk each day. (I'm fine with that. If it weren't for our walk, I'd probably weigh 300 lbs.) We have had issues about who is the alpha - lead dog, and we've decided I'm it.

Molly was a pound dog - the saddest one in the pound. She looked smaller, curled up into a tight ball hardly moving. I was lucky enough to be the first human there on her first adoption day, and we've been family ever since.

 I don't know if she's really a Border Collie, but I know she has sheep-herding instincts. Once, on a walk, (It was an off-leash area.) I was talking to a family, who then walked on ahead of me. I watched Molly run up to the family, circle them, come back to me, and repeat the process. She was herding them.

I've loved all my dogs, but Molly is more bonded to me than any of my others have been.

The stories in "The Molly Chronicles" are fiction, of course, but there's some piece of truth behind each one of them.

Good wishes to all,

Elaine

No comments:

Post a Comment