Temporary Address

Temporary Address

Monday, June 22, 2015

Ask Molly

This "Dear Molly" question comes from a Zinnie, a Rottweiler from Tulsa, Oklahoma. She writes:



Dear Molly,

I attend dog obedience school and I am learning to understand human. It is challenging, because humans' communication is not as straightforward as ours is. My question is this. Do humans understand canine? A small human girl came up to me stared right into my eyes. How rude!  Did she even know what she was telling me?

Thanks for your reply,

Zinnie


Dear Zinnie,

Thank you for your excellent letter.

Some humans understand canine; some do not. I'm sure the young human you spoke of meant no disrespect, but OMG! I'm so glad that  you exercised restraint.

Humans! Never stare into the eyes of a dog who doesn't know you very well. And don't put your face close to the face of a dog who doesn't know you. It is so rude! I can't even tell you what it means. I can't bring myself to use such language. But the correct canine reply to such an attack is a snap in the face.   So please humans, I repeat - do not stare into a dog's eyes or put your face near a dog's face. The nose you save could be your own.

Love,

Molly


No comments:

Post a Comment